Okmulgee County Homeless Shelter Thrift Store
The OCHS Thrift Store is a viable tool in our community. Each year, an average of 260 clients and/or community members receive vouchers to redeem at the Thrift Store. Total vouchers redeemed are valued around $5,800 each year. Items received were clothing, shoes, school supplies, household items, furniture, dishes, etc., at no cost. The criteria for vouchers given to community members are that they are in need due to different circumstances.
The revenue from the thrift store assists the shelter with its daily operation costs.
Thrift Store hours are: Monday-Friday, 9:00am-6:00pm and Saturday, 9:00am-5:00pm.
The OCHS Thrift Store has a variety of items to sell to the public. Some of the popular items are all types and sizes of clothing, new and slightly used furniture, household goods, knick-knacks, toys, appliances, electronics, games, books, seasonal items and much more! The success of the store is through the many donations received through individuals, businesses, churches and organizations. Please see the donation guidelines below.
• All items must be in good, working condition.
• Most electronic items are accepted. Must be working properly and not outdated.
• No broken items will be accepted.
• Clothing: No stains, no buttons missing, zipper must work, no holes
• Acceptable items are, but not limited to: furniture, all household items, clothing, shoes, dishes, pots & pans, wall décor, seasonal items & decorations, personal hygiene (only new), lamps, what knots, toys, etc.
• Unacceptable items are: Head & foot boards (unless it is part of a bedroom set), analog TVs, furniture that is not in good to mint condition, medical equipment – including braces, walkers, handicapped seats (unless new and in original packaging), crutches, wheelchairs, large toys that are not in good to mint condition, baby furniture that is not in good to mint condition and not working (such as a baby swing), outdated electronics, rusty tools, VHS tapes, VHS recorders, old books, mattresses, computers, any items that are not in good condition or not working properly.
If you have an item not listed, please call the Thrift Store at 918-756-2950 to see if it can be accepted.
Thank you for supporting the OCHS Thrift Store!
Are you looking for a volunteer opportunity? If so, please call the shelter at 918-756-9098. We are always looking for volunteers to assist with the daily operation of the thrift store.